Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm Not Who I Was

Just recently while I was spending time with God, He told me to open my journal and just start reading from the beginning. You don't know how much of a shock it was (and still is) reading back on every entry I wrote. It was like walking down memory lane yet confused whether or not that memory was true. I started to laugh, to cry, to be annoyed, and every other possible emotion one can have just from reading my journal. One thing though that I cannot shake off is the fact that I do not want to believe that it all happened, and that I felt all those emotions. I cannot believe that I was the person writing all those things; I felt totally different, like I am not the same person.

God wanted me to see how amazing His love is and how much He has changed me. He wanted me to remember His grace and every moment that happened that lead us to this very chapter in my life. God really is amazing.

I wish you could see me now
I wish I could show you how
I’m not who I was
-"I'm not who I was" by Brandon Heath

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis