Sunday, January 3, 2010

Defining Moments


Defining moments.

That was the main topic for today's message. That there are certain moments in our lives which would eventually define who we are and change lives. These moments may be good or not, but that fact is not as important. What is important is how we react or what decisions we make.

Recently (and actually up until now), I have been facing certain crossroads in life wherein I had to make a decision. It has been really hard since what I want is usually different from what God wants. To be honest, it was and still is hard to fully surrender to God; but I found that He really knows what is best for me and He has everything planned out. HE KNOWS. That fact makes me confident of whatever I am facing and whatever lies ahead of me.

Sometimes, however, I tend to forget all these things and I find myself struggling once again in trusting God. There are certain things that holds us back like sometimes we act as if we control our lives, sometimes we want us to be the one doing everything, or sometimes we let our past hold us back. I am guilty of all of the above.

I am still having a hard time. Especially since I am still on the road, far away from the destination, with no map, no itinerary, no whatsoever. If, however, I want to have a stronger relationship with God, I have to really learn how to fully let go and to trust in Him. Complete surrender. I am still learning, and every day I pray that I would not veer away from Him.

Right now, this is one of my defining moments. Wherein I will choose to fully surrender all to God, to follow His road and to stop negating Him. I will lay down everything to Him. To be perfectly honest, it is really scary, but whenever I think about what He has mapped out for me, I feel really excited.

This 2010, I am ready to go on another journey with my Heavenly Father.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis