Monday, July 27, 2009

Planning Ahead

A re-post of my post from my other blog.

04/16
It’s normal to plan ahead, we all do it. There really is nothing wrong in planning, ahead unless you make your own plans without having in mind God’s plans for you. It is in our nature to plan for something big, knowing that God did not make us small; but when our plans don’t come alive we become so disheartened. We keep on forgetting that it is not our plans that matter but His plan.

I used to feel insignificant, thinking that I am not supposed to be living this life; instead I should be doing something big for Him. I felt like I was on the right track; good thing I always ask God to “slap me in the face” whenever I’m going the wrong way. He didn’t really slap me but one night He made a way for me to talk to a friend whom He is using to make me understand something. My good friend told me how she used to feel the same way, as if she should be doing something extravagant for God; but then her counselor told her that maybe right now, that is not where God wanted her to be. God has huge plans for her, but right now He is using her mightily in the “small” things that we don’t usually notice every day.

I understood then, that once again I am going way ahead of Him by mapping out my life, when in fact He has a plan for me right now that I was not able to notice because I was busy planning. I may not be able to understand completely the way God works but I put my trust in Him knowing full well that He has a plan for me, one that is far greater than what my mind could have ever thought of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis