Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My maniacally throbbing tooth ache

After a very long hiatus, I am finally back to blogging. I now have a blog debt of... well a lot. So here I am blogging away again because I have all the time in the world.

For the longest time, I have had this cavity (sorry for being so open about this) in my left lower tooth, molar, whatever. Every time I eat something, especially sweet ones, it throbs maniacally (and I believe it does!); and it is getting worse! I've been wanting to go to the dentist but... I don't know, just because. Now you might be thinking where exactly am I going, but I do have a few points here.

Sometimes, we have this gaping hole in our lives or this pain that just won't go away, and yeah at first it's so insignificant that we don't even know it existed. However, if we put off fixing it, it just gets bigger and more painful. When finally we do realize that it's there, we seldom control ourselves and do things that will make it even worse. When we sin, it creates a hole, and that hole is painful yet we keep on adding to that pain. Yes, I admit, sometimes sinning gives us this enjoyable moment whatever it may be, however it is but a temporary high that multiplies the holes and pains it once created. Why do we put up so much for these pains? Is it because of all those "enjoyable moments" that we simply cannot give up? If that is the case then do you think those moments are worth all the pain?

We all know that there is something far better than putting up with such a cycle; that when every hole is filled and every pain is healed we can experience joy in a wider sense. The only thing we have to do is approach our Dentist. Let God do the filling and the fixing and the cleaning. He's been wanting for you to go to Him for the longest of time because he has prepared a feast for you that he wants you to enjoy! And whatever it is that He has prepared, we are to be sure that it is not just another temporary high.

Now this is not just an advice for those who haven't been to the dentist but this is also a reminder to those who keeps on forgetting to have their check-up. (points to self)

Way to go tooth ache for being worthy enough to be part of my blog! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis