Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dreaming Dreams


As graduation draws nearer I can't help but think about what really is next. I tried my best to postpone such thoughts, however it keeps coming back. To be honest, I don't really know what I want to happen next. I have no idea what I want, what my dreams are, or whatever one may call it; it's a good thing God planned out everything or else I might just be in deep deep trouble. I may have no dreams for myself, but God gave me dreams for His glory, and I consider that dream to be my dream. And when God gives us dreams, we are certain that it will surely come to pass.

Now, I know it is really hard to be sure of certain things, especially when our current situation seems to disagree greatly of such dreams. It is so frustratingly disappointing! But God knows best, He knows when the perfect time is for that dream to happen. The moments that we think nothing is happening may be the exact moments that He uses to prepare us for our dreams. With that in mind, we should embrace every moment knowing that we are getting nearer to what God has prepared for us.

Embracing every moment however, does not mean that we can sit around and wait for it to happen. No. If God gave you the dream that you will dance, nothing will ever really happen if you don't practice. God does not want us to be idle. He wants us to believe, to expect, to trust in Him, and to prepare for the wonderful future He planned for us, for the dream He gave us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis