Monday, October 26, 2009

On Fireflies and Firefly


"I'd like to make myself believe
that planet Earth turns slowly
Its hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems"
-Fireflies by Owl City

I really like Fireflies by Owl City. I loved it ever since the first time I heard it and to satisfy my musical craving I asked my younger sister to download it. At that time however we still do not know who sang it; so my sister typed in "Firefly" (Which was already a mistake) and there were several artists who had such a song. Not knowing who really sang it she downloaded from two different artists who sounded like they could be the right one. It was obviously none of them, since the real title of the song is "Fireflies". Later on, we were able to download the one I really wanted plus, from that minor mistake I learned to love a new song.

Now I may sound like I'm blabbering on again, but I do have a point; it's not much of a point but it is somewhat like a point. I am always afraid of making mistakes thinking that it will always lead to an undesirable result. That however is not always the case, sometimes mistakes can open us to newer possibilities, it can show us things we've never seen before. In my case, this tiny mistake which made a great big difference also led me to find a new song to love. It's great how God reminds us of a lot of things even from the simplest things in life, things that we don't usually notice as well. Were always usually so busy we forget to just pause to take a deep breath and look around. I pray that we never miss God's simple reminders from all our small or big daily activities, that we never forget that God is always at work in our lives.

"It’d take a thousand colors just to paint your eyes
Like saving grace, they raise me up to paradise
This ain’t opinion, it’s consensus from my heart and mind
You make me happy to be alive"

-Firefly by Jimmy Needham

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis