Thursday, December 10, 2009

God's best gift

I remember talking to a friend about what I look for in a guy, and not just any guy but my perfect man. Of course there were the usual requirements; like being a God-fearing person, good, loving, etcetera etcetera etcetera. We have all been so picky that we have a hard time finding the right one because we always compare them with our "perfect man". Not just that, but we tire ourselves out just to look for him.

All the things we do just for love.

So starting today, I will not tire myself out by looking for him all the time (or by trying to make sure that the person I like fits the category). It is a good thing though that God is involved in my love story; and not just merely involved but He is the author of my love story. I am sure that He has prepared the best man for me who I will come to know in His best time as well.

Thinking about it though made me realize how much I have been blind. You see, everything I look for in a guy I can actually find in Jesus Christ. He is the perfect man, not just for me but for all of us! Wow! That actually made me feel more at peace knowing that I do not have to live life like I have no one, because I actually do.

Cheers to a very romantic life with Christ and His perfect "gift" to all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis