Monday, December 7, 2009

Humpty Dumpty's choice


Yesterday, after so many long unmeasurable years, I tried joining our church's fellowship once again. This time however I am now part of the "singles" and not with the "youths". While we were making plans for the upcoming Simbang Gabi our pastor was talking to me about the life story of one our new church member. How he fell in love and fell apart. His story truly was one of deep hurt and sadness. One that even just the thought would really break ones heart. Imagine having your first and last true love die at a very young age.


I would really be torn apart if that happens. I would be broken into pieces without anyone knowing how to fix me, how to put me back together again. Just like Humpty Dumpty. All the Kings men would not be able to help at all; but the King could. Our King could and would if we want Him to and if He wills it. Our King wanted to help us from the very beginning, it was just really up to us whether we want to be fixed or if we want to stay broken. It is our choice. I would leave this entry here so we could all think. This is not just for those who are heartbroken but for everyone who is broken. One of the things I always tell myself is just to let go and let God.


Let go and let GOD.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis