Saturday, November 14, 2009

A commitment to wait



When God wants you to remember something, He reminds you. And he keeps doing so until you understand. Which is exactly why I am wondering why I was able to read another blog about waiting for God's best and why I received a recycled paper with a True Love Waits Commitment at the back. Hmm... I wonder why.









So here are the five commitments of true love waits as written in the paper:

- To God: Matthew 22:37 - Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

- To Yourself: Matthew 22:39 - And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

- To Your Family: Philippians 4:5 - Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

- To Your Friends: John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

- To Your Future Mate and Children: 2 Timothy 2:22 - Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

And with that, "Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship."

I shall now say, Ok ok ok... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis