Thursday, April 1, 2010

As we GO


I was reading an article about the "end times" and how we are getting closer and closer towards that moment. The article focused on the signs, all of which were prophesied in the Bible, and it challenged us to make a move. To stop being complacent and start running the race towards the finish line bringing more people as we go.


I realized then how much time I am wasting. Every second is critical, yet I waste it. Even if we say that we are busy, that should not stop us from serving god and sharing of His love. I remember when Ptr. Woody preached at LJBC about the "Great Commission". He said that it should be the "Everyday Commission"; that as we go we should make disciples. As we commute, as we work, as we buy or do whatever it is that we do, we should stay in the presence of God and we should make disciples. As we go about our usual business, we should remember to always be in God's light, so that when people see us, they see God.


We do not know the exact time when Jesus will return, but we know that He will return and so we must prepare. We must stop wasting our time and start doing what God wants us to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis