Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tearing down walls

I was able to read back to one of my older posts about how we should start building bridges and stop building walls. That in every relationship, communication is really important. When we do communicate, we should do so in truth. Always being honest and not leaving things unsaid. Sometimes though, we usually tell others one thing and leave the rest behind. I tend to do the same thing when I talk with God. I usually talk with Him about the big things and leave the small ones, not because I think He does not care much about it, but because I feel ashamed that I would even open up those small things. I forget that He is the God of everything, big and small.

I always remind myself to just tell Him everything. So I do, and I just love the way He responds to it. I love how He is so hands-on and how He is so interested in every detail of our lives. I remember reading the book by Eric and Leslie Ludy "When God Writes Your Love Story", where they say that the most common misconception of most is that God does not care much about our love story. Totally the opposite. We were made to love. God loves us and He is very much hands-on when it comes to our love story.

So when I told Him my small concern, He reminded me of His promise and to whom I am talking to. He promised that He will answer all my questions and that He has prepared someone for me. One who will pursue me, who will delight in me, and will fight for me. One who will break all the lies the devil is telling me. He reminded me that He is at work, but that there are also some things that I need to work at as well. That I need to stop building walls and to stop building towers but to completely surrender it all to Him and to tear down the walls of my tower.

"Unless a woman realizes God’s call and promise to her, she can never understand a man’s call to her. And unless a woman surrenders her tower to God, He cannot fully save her from herself and the lies of the Devil." - Sean, God an You (The Story about every woman)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis