Saturday, September 18, 2010

Of postures and word vomits

Just spent my evening (yester...night) with two of my high school friends. We just realized that the last time we chilled or even just talked (virtually or not) was almost a year. Still, I love how we can still talk like we were just together the day before, like nothing changed.

We spent the first half of the night at Greenbelt and had the funniest conversations due to our inability to hear each other. There were just too many people in Greenbelt that time. The usual me then suggested that we go to Starbucks Dela Rosa then as I've grown to love the place so much. As of the moment it is one of my happy places. Finally, we had a decent conversation over coffee and a peaceful environment (which we totally disturbed).

I enjoyed our small time together and realized how much I missed them. I remember how my colleague got a quote from work today which said:

"If we don't spend regular, quality time with those we love including God, our relationships will be shallow, meaningless and unfulfilling.
"

We've spent so much time together before that our friendship grew roots which goes deep. That made us overcome the threat of distance. Still, as we were not able to spend quality time together for a long time, we actually knew very little of each other. I hope it would not lead to a time when our friendship will be considered "meaningless". We should see each other more often.

I am very thankful to God as He has blessed me much with true friends. Hope to meet up with them again; soon and with the others as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Verse to Remember

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

- Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

And I Quote

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased"

- C.S. Lewis